Cruising coordinator: David Nixon
2019 Cruising Programme
- Beaulieu Shake-down Rally 20th April 2019
- Marlowe Cup Passage Race/Rally 18th May 2019
- Meridian Cruise in Company 25th May 2019
- Bembridge Beach BBQ 8th June 2019
- Marchwood Rally 22nd June 2019
- Yarmouth Passage Race/Rally 13th July 2019
- Gosport Rally 3rd August 2019
- Late Summer Cruise in Company 24th August 2019
- Motor Cruise to Ryde 14th September 2019
Cruising with ECSC
Medium to pocket-sized cruising yachts are well represented in the club. Club members vary in experience from complete novices, through weekend family sailors to veteran ocean passage-makers.
The club welcomes new cruising members from any background with any class of boat. We encourage all-comers (sail or power) to participate in club rallies.
Weekend rallies start on a Saturday morning. Passage-making takes up Saturday afternoon. There will be a pontoon party once all the boats are safely moored up. If we are being hosted by a sailing club we may dine there. Otherwise, it could be a BBQ on the beach or a short hop/dinghy ride to the local pub. We usually start back to our home berths late on Sunday morning.
There are two Solent passage race/rallies when cruising yachts are encouraged to try their hand at competing over a more-or-less straight course. Motor boats are welcome to join in with the evening festivities at the respective destinations.
There are a couple of opportunities, over the season, to join organised cruises in the company of other yachts and motor boats.
Postcards, Souvenir Logs, Passage Race Reports, and Newsletter Cruising Articles
- Gins Souvenir Log 2017
- Early Summer Cruise in Company
- Postcard from Keyhaven 2017
- Marchwood Souvenir Log 2017
- Postcard from France 2017
- Postcard from Yarmouth 2018
- Postcard from Beulieu 2018
- Marlowe Cup Passage Race Report 2018
- Marchwood Souvenir Log 2018
- Differences in Cross-Channel Passage Making
- Passage Plan