Cruising coordinator: David Nixon
2018 Cruising Programme
- Yarmouth passage race/rally April 14th 2018
- Beaulieu rally 28th April 2018
- Marlowe Cup passage race/rally 19th May 2018
- Meridian cruise in company 16th June 2018
- Newtown picnic and junior crabbing competition 14th July 2018
- Marchwood rally 28th July 2018
- Summer cruise in company 25th August 2018
- Gosport rally 15th September 2018
Cruising with ECSC
Medium to pocket-sized cruising yachts are well represented in the club. Club members vary in experience from complete novices, through weekend family sailors to veteran ocean passage-makers.
The club welcomes new cruising members from any background with any class of boat. We encourage all-comers (sail or power) to participate in club rallies.
Weekend rallies start on a Saturday morning. Passage-making takes up Saturday afternoon. There will be a pontoon party once all the boats are safely moored up. If we are being hosted by a sailing club we may dine there. Otherwise, it could be a BBQ on the beach or a short hop/dinghy ride to the local pub. We usually start back to our home berths late on Sunday morning.
There are two Solent passage race/rallies when cruising yachts are encouraged to try their hand at competing over a more-or-less straight course. Motor boats are welcome to join in with the evening festivities at the respective destinations.
There are a couple of opportunities, over the season, to join organised cruises in the company of other yachts and motor boats.
When forecast conditions are favourable, we may put together a short notice rally for the coming weekend.